About the job
NPP Group, a leading supplier of flexible packaging and machinery is looking for an operations Manager to join the group.
This is a senior role and will report directly to the Managing Director and Board.
The Operations manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the operations of an expanding distribution and production company. The operations manager is a key role in the organisation with responsibilities for production, logistics and facilities.
The successful candidate will work as part of a senior management team to achieve operational excellence and drive the strategy, operations, reporting and best practice for the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the operations team
- Planning of production requirements.
- Planning and good’s inwards function.
- Warehouse and good’s outwards function.
- Quality control – ensuring compliance with ISO, BRC & FSC requirements.
- Facilities management – maintain the building, services, and site, manage repairs, liaise with contractors.
- Internal collaboration with commercial teams around forecasts and planning.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Hire, develop and train talent in the organisation.
Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in areas described above.
- Ability to analyse problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to review, improve and implement new operational procedures as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate up and down.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to present to Board.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience managing in a production environment is essential.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Have excellent people management skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering or business).